Thursday, November 30, 2006

Love and Basketball (well, one out of two)

Just a quick note on my favorite sport: basketball. I have mentioned before that the Huskies kick ass. The ladies are number 7 in the country and climbing. Tonight they have their first nationally televised game against number 9 Perdue. I predict that we will kick some ass. It's on ESPN2 tonight at 7PM EST if you would like to watch the awesometude of my school in action

Edit/recap: WE WON!!! 66-55!!! That was one of the most exciting things I have ever been a part of. Thats right, been a part of. The crowd was truly the sixths man on the court tonight. We were on our feet the whole time. On a semi-related side note: Mel Thomas, if you are reading this, please marry me. Thanks

NEW SEGMENT! MOVIE OF THE DAY

Todays movie is Top Gun. A perfect example of the 80's movie. You got your sexy male lead, a girl who can hold her own, and a goofy sidekick. There are two good things about this movie. One is its ability to be a guy's chick flick. It's one of the few. The second is the totally cool sayings like "I got the need. The need for speed." and "That son of a bitch cut me off!". Fun fact: Val Kilmer didn't want to be in this movie, but was forced to due to contractual obligations. Maybe that explains his bored performance. This is classic pre-crazy Cruise.

"Can't you see that it's just rainin'/ There ain't no need to go outside"

No comments: